Mulyavardhan (MV) is a values-based programme transforming the school ethos, leadership, governance and teaching-learning processes leading to the improvement in the overall quality of schooling.
Shantilal Muttha Foundation (SMF) conceptualized ‘Mulyavardhan’ (MV)- a path-breaking initiative on empowering children to exercise constitutional values. MV comprises an age appropriate spiral curriculum with structured learning activities that involve students directly in behavioural exercises or practice of social-cognitive skills, followed by facilitated discussion on what they have learned. MV is the sole programme in public schools in India that assumes a values-based whole school approach.It engages all stakeholders, and democratizes the classroom and school with a child-friendly, child-centred pedagogy.
MV has a holistic approach to capacity building, empowering teachers, heads of schools and parents to create the necessary supportive environment to transact values and competencies.
Mulyavardhan is currently being implemented in India through five projects: Maharashtra MV-GoM, Goa MV-GoG, Vidyabharati MV-VB, MV – Gujarat (Pilot) MV-ECE, MV-ABE.
The Need for Mulyavardhan
While several educational policy documents since Independence have emphasized the need for value education in schools, there is no model for the large-scale implementation of value education across states, school bodies and contexts. Mulyavardhan fills this critical gap with a well researched learner centric approach aligned to national and international policies.
MV VALUES FRAMEWORK
MV is based on the core constitutional values highlighted in the Preamble; justice, liberty, equality and fraternity. To make these values actionable, eight MV values aligned to the school-education context have been defined, and to internalize these values, five competency clusters of social-emotional learning for children have been identified. These values and competencies are reflected in the MV teaching learning material.
THEORY OF CHANGE
Mulyavardhan aims to enable schools to provide child-friendly, values-based quality education and environment to nurture caring, responsible and democratic citizens.
By transforming the school ethos and practices through creating an environment around every child, conducive for their social-emotional development.
- Capacitate and empower teachers to conduct structured classroom SEL activities using co-operative learning methods to achieve value-based MV outcomes among students
- Capacitate and empower school leadership to create a democratic, value-based school climate and promote value-driven school processes and practices
- Trained teachers on mindset and tools to adopt and sustain child-centred classrooms using activity-based pedagogy
- Trained school leaders on mindset and tools to promote value-based school climate, processes and practices
- Trained government officials to support teachers to enable and sustain activity-based, value driven classroom culture and processes
- Trained pool of government master trainers as support systems for promoting MV related outcomes
- Increased participation by students in their learning and improvement in social-emotional skills and competencies
- Teachers transitioning to a child-centred classroom
- Improvement in student-student and teacher-student relationships
- School heads improve their leadership skills with values-driven governance and improved relationship with all stakeholders
- School/ Classrooms provide a safe, caring and child-centric environment and demonstrate practices supportive of values-related competency development
- Schools demonstrate values-driven school leadership and provide a safe and non-threatening, inclusive, just and equitable environment.
- Students demonstrate social-emotional skills and attitudes required for becoming productive, responsible citizens
THE MULYAVARDHAN JOURNEY
Reach Of Our MV
in India ...
Our Reach In Maharashtra
Our Reach In Goa
Our Reach In Porbandar,Gujarat
JOYFUL LEARNING IN THE TRAINING
MV training empowers teachers to conduct activities using the constructivist approach, equipping teachers with cooperative learning strategies like group work, pair work and community circle, as well as cooperative games, to help them facilitate learning in their classes through sharing and teamwork. Classes engaged in participatory activities and discussions are managed by employing
the highly effective Mulyavardhan classroom management techniques. Moreover, the experiential learning that teachers receive in the capacity building workshops enhances teacher skills to execute Mulyavardhan’s pedagogical model smoothly. They are also empowered to make the transition to a facilitator of knowledge with ease, creating the child-friendly environment required for democratizing knowledge and learning.
OUR IMPLEMENTATION MODEL
Mulyavardhan implementation is initially a 3-year process. It incorporates the best practices in social and emotional learning acknowledged worldwide combined with practices for transformation of school to optimize quality.